Background

Friday 19 July 2013

Fandoms- A rant of sorts

Hello!

So, Fandoms? A community of people who like a particular Movie, TV show or Book series. If any of this is complete gibberish to you panic not! All will be explained. Now I'm not going to claim to be a major "Fan girl" about anything, I mean I could say that I was a NerdFighter* for example, which yeah I would say that I was I've read all of John Green's Books (My favourite's are a close call between Looking for Alaska and The Fault in our Stars but I also adore Paper Towns, I'm going off on one now.) but when I compare myself to someone who goes to gatherings and who references to every "NerdFighter word" I only really say DFTBA. Fin. 

Still I would say that I was part of a few fandoms such as:The Vlog Brothers (Nerdfighter), Harry Potter (Potterhead) and Dr Who (Whovian) as the main 3 for me but I will admit to being a bit of a Dinosaur for example but I mean on Tumblr you can see the sheer number of fandoms out there from Adventure Time and Sherlock (should I watch Sherlock I have heard that there's a lot of Hype surrounding it...) to the tumblr fandom referring to anything related to Jennifer Lawrence the number of fandoms are endless.

Back to the point of the difference between a Fangirl and par of a Fandom. I think there is a difference. I mean when I think of Fangirls I think of people who literally obsess with a Fandom and then there's me. I still think I'm part of such fandoms but I wouldn't say I was Fan Girl crazy, Is that okay?

What is the difference between a person who is a part of a Fandom and a Fan Girl? Is there one?

Please help me out here guys I really am confused.

Love Kim x



No comments:

Post a Comment